- Contact Us
Website owner: NOAA Ocean Exploration
We appreciate your feedback and we will do our best to answer your questions about the ocean exploration activities featured on this website. Unfortunately, we cannot answer general science questions, so please focus your inquiries to the content that resides on this site.
If you have a generic question, we encourage you to consult your local library and/or use an online search engine. There are many free search engines available on the Internet, for example, Google. (This is not an endorsement of Google, nor should it be construed that Google is the only search engine available.)
Before you submit your question to us, please check these frequently asked questions and answers.
For questions related to NOAA ocean exploration, please direct your inquiry to the appropriate contact described below.
- For comments and/or questions about ocean exploration activities at NOAA or content from a specific expedition, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For technical comments and/or questions regarding this website, please contact the NOAA Ocean Exploration web team: email@example.com. To report an error, please send us the specific web address (URL) for the page that you are having problems with along with a description of the issue.
- If you are a professional educator and have a question about NOAA Ocean Exploration educational materials or professional development opportunities, or any of the content on this website, please contact the NOAA Ocean Exploration education team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a member of the media and have a question about NOAA Ocean Exploration or any of the content on this website, please contact us at email@example.com. A member of our communications team will respond.
- For permission to use (or locate high-resolution) images, videos, text, or other site information, unless otherwise noted (copyrighted material, for example), information presented on this website is considered in the public domain and may be distributed freely. Note that most images include embedded metadata; should you choose to use an image for your own electronic purposes, you agree to maintain this metadata with the image. If you elect to use materials from this site, please cite NOAA Ocean Exploration as the source; if possible, also include the appropriate URL of the page(s) from which the materials were taken. If you reproduce text, please cite the original contributing author and their affiliation.
- High-resolution images: In instances where high-resolution images are available, they can be downloaded via a "download larger version" link in the image caption. The high-resolution version posted is typically the largest version that we have available. If the option to download a larger version of the image is not provided, most likely we do not have a higher-resolution version of the image.
- Copyrighted material: Selected copyrighted images/videos have been contributed to the site. These copyrights are printed on the image or mentioned in associated captions. If you would like to reproduce these images, you must contact the contributing source (as identified in the caption) for approval.
- To receive updates about ocean exploration activities featured on this website, check out the options below:
- NOAA Ocean Exploration Email Updates were created as one-way forms of communication, not discussion forums. There are two services that provide email updates: one specifically for educators and the other for general announcements about new offerings on the site.
- Social media: For further updates on NOAA Ocean Exploration activities, you can follow us on Twitter , like us on Facebook , subscribe to our YouTube channel , or follow us on Instagram .