The expedition coordination team and the science lead study the latest forecast. Image courtesy of the NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration and Research, Deepwater Wonders of Wake. Download larger version (jpg, 4.7 MB).
Unfortunately, we woke up to bad weather this morning. We delayed the dive to see if it was going to improve, but alas, it got worse throughout the morning. After studying several different weather forecasts, it looked like we would have a better chance of diving on Monday if we headed south. So, we ended up transiting nearly 180 nautical miles south in the hopes of finding better weather tomorrow morning.