Links and Other Resources
The Web links below are provided for informational purposes only. Links outside of Ocean Explorer have been checked at the time of this page's publication, but the linking sites may become outdated or non-operational over time.
- Ocean Explorer Russian - U.S. Arctic Census 2012 Expedition
- Ocean Explorer Russian - U.S. Arctic Census 2009 Expedition
- Ocean Explorer 2002 Arctic Exploration Expedition
- Ocean Explorer 2005 Hidden Ocean Arctic 2005 Expedition
- Bering Strait: Pacific Gateway to the Arctic web page about current research on Arctic marine ecosystems; includes sections on Bering Strait Basic Facts, why the Bering Strait throughflow is important, what research is being done, and what is being learned.
- Listen to sounds under the ocean in the Arctic made by bearded seals, beluga whales, bowhead whales, and humpbacks recorded during the Russian-American Long-term Census of the Arctic (RUSALCA) cruise to the Bering Strait July 31 - August 11, 2010. Credit - Kate Stafford.
For More Information
Director, Education Programs
NOAA Office of Ocean Exploration and Research
Other lesson plans developed for this Web site are available in the Education Section.